This cupcake was really a decision based upon what I found in our fruit bowl in the morning:
My obvious next thought: Banana cupcakes. And now I think, what tops bananas off well? Peanut butter. Then I just let my whimsy take over and added some chocolate and banana runtz for fun.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash up your bananas. Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately and then incorporate together. Now you have your batter. Fill lined cupcake tin evenly and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Now for the frosting. Mix the room temperature butter and peanut butter until fully incorporated. Then mix in the powdered sugar until you get your desired sweetness level. Slowly mix in cream until you reach your desired consistency.
Pipe on the frosting.
Place the frosted cupcakes into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. While you wait for the cupcakes to thoroughly harden, start on the chocolate. Put the chocolate in a deep heat-proof bowl.
Melt it and let the chocolate cool. Once the cupcakes are thoroughly hardened and the melted chocolate is thoroughly cooled, you can dip the frosting in the chocolate and then quickly place your cute runtz toppings on the chocolate before it hardens.
Let the cupcakes stand for at least 15 minutes before served. They’re absolutely adorable and delicious! EnjoY!
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ or so heavy cream
- combine butter with peanut butter and cream add powdered sugar (mixture will be stiff) then add the heavy cream a little at a time until you get the consistency you like for spreading or piping. Try not to eat it all before it makes it onto your cake or cupcakes.
- Pipe frosting on cupcakes
- Freeze cupcakes for at least 30 minutes
- Melt chocolate and let it cool
- Dip frosting in chocolate
- Place candy toppers on cooling chocolate
- enjoy 🙂