Okay, the last thing I made for Persian New Year was Chocolate Meringue Sandwiches:
Chop up 1/2 of your favorite chocolate bar. Now put all the ingredients except chocolate into a standard mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
Pour in the chocolate and fold.
Place into a piping bag and pipe onto a prepared baking sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes:
Make some whipped cream and melt some chocolate. Now slather on some metled chocolate on the bottoms of the meringues and let them set. Then sandwich them with whipped cream in between. Delicious!
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE SANDWICHES
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/2 a chocolate bar, chopped
1. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until sugar dissolves and soft peaks form. Gradually increase speed to medium-high, and whisk until stiff peaks form, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Fold in chocolate
1. Make meringues
2. Dip ends in melted chocolate and let set
3. Make whipped cream
4. Sandwich the meringues.