My beautiful roommate, Sheva, threw a surprise birthday for her Mom! It was really cute and I made birthday cupcakes! Sheva wanted something light, tasty and chic. This is what I came up with:
It’s a white cake cupcake, dipped in ganache, decorated with white non pareils and homemade white chocolate leaves.
So, make your white cake cupcakes.
While you wait for your ganache to thicken, make your white chocolate leaves. Go outside and pick a few leaves you think are pretty. Melt white chocolate. dip the bottom side of the leaf in the chocolate.
Place the leaf in the freezer for a minute or two. Then peel the leaf off.
Then you end up with this!
Dip the cupcakes in ganache and then dip half in white non pareils.
I made round chocolate dots with chocolate candy melts, but you can use large chocolate chips if you’d like. Place one in the center of the cupcake.
Then place a mini chocolate chip off to it’s side.
Place a leaf on the mini chocolate and dig the end of it under the chocolate round in the middle.
Place another mini chocolate chip to the side.
Place another leaf on the cupcake.
Place one more!
I have this really pretty cupcake tier that my beautiful roommate bought me. It was perfect for the party.
Everyone really liked them and they tasted light and yummy!
WHITE CAKE CUPCAKE
- 4 1/2 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 7 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake or muffin tins with papers; set aside. Into a medium bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine milk and vanilla in a glass measuring cup.
- Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat until pale and creamy. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add sugar in a steady stream; continue beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk mixture and starting and ending with the flour. Do not overbeat.
- In a clean bowl of electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of the whites into flour mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites in two batches, being careful not to deflate the whites.
- Pour batter into prepared tins, filling cups to about 1/2 inch from the tops. Bake until a cake tester inserted near the centers comes out clean and the tops spring back when pressed lightly in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool completely before icing or storing.
- 3/4 + 1/8 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces best-quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
Bring the cream just to a boil, stirring occasionally, in a small saucepan over medium heat; remove from heat. Put the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl, and pour the cream on top; let stand for 5 minutes. Gently stir until the ganache is smooth and glossy. Refrigerate the ganache, stirring occasionally, until slightly cooled and thickened, about 10 minutes (do not let it harden).
Happy Birthday Farzin Joon! I had such a great time at your party! Here are some fun photos from the evening.
Here we have Sheva’s mom when we first surprised her!
Here’s me and my roommate. She’s so pretty.
Me and my pretty mom!
The family and my cupcakes on the side!!!
One last shot of my cupcakes before they got eaten!
Me and my mom being cool. 🙂
Hope you guys enjoyed!